Dr. Kranz, after an enjoyable 10 year career in professional theater, graduated from the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and completed her family medicine training with University of Rochester/Highland Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program. She served as chief resident and continued as a member of the residency program’s core faculty with a focus on the psychosocial/behavioral health curriculum. She subsequently pursued additional training in sexual medicine through the European Society of Sexual Medicine, the International Society for the Study of Womens Sexual Health, and the American Association of Sexuality Counselors Educators and Therapists. In addition to clinical work in sexual medicine she teaches residents and medical students about sexual issues in healthcare.
Click here to download Dr. Kranz’s Welcome Letter
Family Medicine – American Board of Family Medicine
Fellow of the European Committee on Sexual Medicine – 2018
Fellow of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health – 2022
Education & Training
2017 International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (Fellowship 2022)
2016-2018 European Society of Sexual Medicine
2009-2011 Chief Resident, Family Medicine University of Rochester Medical Center
2007-2011 Internship & Residency in Family Medicine at University of Rochester Medical Center
2007 MD The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University -Medicine
1991 BA Brown University – Arts & Sciences
Kreher, D. A., Gubbels, A. L., Eastin, S., Lee, J., Kranz, P., Parker, S., & Poleshuck, E. (2022). Responding flexibly to the complex problem of chronic pelvic pain: Incorporating patient needs into program development. Families, Systems, & Health. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/fsh0000725
Kranz P (2021). Sexuality during and after pregnancy. The periFACTS OB/GYN Academy, Activity #21059P.
Rosen DT, Kranz P. Sex Therapy and Sexual Medicine with Couples: The Collaborative Sexual Wellness Model. Integrative Sex and Couples Therapy. T Nelson PhD. PESI. March 2020.
Kranz P. Women’s Sexual Health. The Bulletin (Monroe County Medical Society). Nov/Dec 2019.
Kranz P. A Psychodynamic Understanding of Modern Medicine: Placing the Person at the Center of Care. Fam Med 2013;45(9):662-663.
Kranz P. Chapter 14- Psychiatry and Behavioral Science. First Aid for the Family Medicine Boards. T Le MD, M Mendoza MD, D Coffa MD. McGraw Hill, 2nd edition. Chapter. Spring 2011.
Kranz P. Diagnosis (55-word story) Rochester Medicine Fall/Winter 2009
Researcher for DB Wilmeth, TL Miller, eds. The Cambridge Guide to the American Theatre, first edition. Cambridge University Press. 1993.
- American Academy of Family Physicians, 2007-present
- American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists 2015-present
- International Society of Sexual Medicine, 2016-present
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, 2016-present
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America, 2017-present
- Scientific Network for Female Sexual Health and Cancer, 2018-present, Board of Directors 2021-2022
- Society for Sex Therapy and Research, 2021-present
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health, 2020-present
- MsMedicine Provider Alliance, 2021-present
- SisterSong Ally Organizational Member, 2020-present
- 4-D Network, Lifetime member
- Past Memberships: New York State Perinatal Association, European Society of Sexual Medicine, Society for Teachers of Family Medicine, American Psychiatric Association, American Medical Association, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Medical Students for Choice, Actors Equity Association, American Federation of Film, Television, and Radio Artists
2020 Doctor’s Advice Magazine – Women’s Health
2021 Western NY Physician Magazine – Men’s Health Edition “You are not a Lightswitch” (see pages 4-5 of the magazine).
2021 Western NY Physician Women’s Health Edition — upcoming